Monday 4 January 2010

Moody men

I thought it was girls that got stroppy and stormed out on things. Apparently not. I took a (possibly too recent) ex to see Cirque du Soleil’s latest show yesterday evening and things kicked off to a great start with crisps and warm water thrown into the mix. When he bought my friend and I wine he upped the ante and even chimed in on the girlie conversation of careers and men, making me fall a little in love with him again.

I spoke too soon.

The man earns a living entertaining people, but he didn’t clap, break a smile or even pretend he was enjoying it once. It totally derailed the night as I was having a great time and wanted to share it with someone.

He left at the interval.

Luckily, I’d had the foresight to bring a friend as she was loving it as much as I was. It got us talking though. Her ex didn’t take much enjoyment out of the things she loved and got moody if it wasn’t what he wanted to do. I now hope I don’t do this when I’m at a footie match or worse, watching sport on TV. My sentiment is that if you’re going to be bored, moody and rude don’t come. Simple as. Although my ex didn’t find it so simple.

With us girls left alone we spent the rest of the show discussing how great it would be to have sex with an acrobat – am now chasing a flexible fittie who won’t be bored at the circus.

2 comments:

  1. Stumbled across this blog by accident, but hell you made my day!

    Keep telling it like it is girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to agree- from personal experience. I've been that 'moody guy' once or twice, and rightly been on the receiving end of some stern words from the girls in question. It's not on, is it? If you're not into it, just don't go. If you don't feel like pushing yourself, or tolerating it, for the sake of that girl- that probably tells you something about your feelings for her. And she's better off with someone who will genuinely appreciate the things she's into.

    ReplyDelete