Tuesday 26 January 2010

Look into my eyes...

It's an unspoken but agreed clubbing etiquette that once you share a few seductive stares across the dance floor, one of you will approach the other.

But you have to be careful who you stare at, I’ve come to the conclusion that the following people should not be given ‘the eye’ in clubs:

1. Guys with girlfriends (for obvious reasons)
2. The bouncer (he’ll think you’re dodgy)
3. Men who look hot

Yes, point 3 seems ludicrous, but the darkly lit dance floor can be a single girl’s blessing and her curse. On Friday a boy I thought ticked last week’s desirability boxes: tanned, skin head, dark eyes and moody stare wasn’t quite so desirable up close.

From a distance he looked hot hot hot, and I wasn’t wearing beer goggles. But by the time he came over I realised he was about a foot shorter than me the skin head was more egg head and unfortunately he was about 18. I made polite conversation and felt like a huge tease as I’d practically invited him over with my determined stare only to try and run away when he spoke to me.

Lesson learnt – get closer before you start staring at your next piece of ‘prey’

No comments:

Post a Comment